Stop training in summer has its consequences. In fact, as we already warned, if you stop exercising for a month, your body will tell you. For this reason, fitness experts remind you that on vacation you can give your mind a break and disconnect. But your body has to keep working.
If you are lucky enough to be on the beach, even better. Training on the beach offers added benefits, since the sand is considered unstable support and much more malleable than the gym floor, so it helps to improve the balance and stability of the individual.
The coach points out that another of the benefits offered by this type of training is that on the beach -or in the sea- it is necessary “to make a greater effort to move, therefore, the intensity, as well as the caloric consumption, will be greater in each exercise, helping the user to gradually improve their physical condition and mental satisfaction”. And what exercises can we do in this environment? The same ones that you can do at home or in the gym but the arena.
Arena Training Plan
We cannot take vacations as an excuse to stop training. For this reason, it provides us with the best exercises that we can do on the beach and that will help us burn more calories since we will have to work a little harder.
- Walk or run on the beach: It is the best way to start practicing your strength exercises to strengthen your body. You can spend 30 minutes walking at a brisk pace along the shore of the beach, although if you are already trained, the ideal is to run. You can also follow the ‘CACO’ method which consists of combining running with walking. A good plan would be to do four minutes walking and two minutes running and progressively increase the minutes of running.
- Exercises for core, arms, and buttocks: we start with this strength training classic, the abdominal plank, but this time on the sand of the beach to take advantage of the instability and gain more muscle mass. To do it we must rest our elbows on the ground and endure 4 series of 30 seconds duration. If we want more intensity, some variants can be introduced. For example, extend one arm and then the other. Or raise one leg and then the other. In this case, do 10 repetitions with each of them. This way you will also work the abdomen, the buttocks, and your stability.
- Arm exercises: take advantage of the benches on the promenade to tone your arms. With them, you can do tricep dips. Stand with your back to the bench and rest your hands on the edge. Lower your body to the ground until they form a 90-degree angle. The back should not move away from the bench. Do four sets of 10 repetitions.
- Leg exercises: for this, we propose something very simple, knee raises in the water. This exercise will tone and strengthen your legs while improving your aerobic capacity. Stand where the water is up to your knees. Once there, raise your knees to your chest.
- Abdominals: they must be part of your training on the beach. You can do hypopressive abdominals if you have already started this technique. If not, do the classics. Lie on your back, bend your legs, and place your feet on the ground and your hands behind your neck. Do 10 repetitions and 30 seconds of rest. You can continue with oblique crunches. It consists of raising the knee and touching it with the opposite elbow. Do three sets of 15 repetitions.
- Exercises for the glutes: Hip raises, or glute bridges, help you achieve a perfect glute. To do it, lie down on the sand, with your arms close to your torso, your legs bent, and your feet flat on the ground. Raise your hips. Do four sets of 15 reps. To intensify the exercise, you can introduce other variations, for example, with your hips up, raise one leg, and then the other.
No time to train?
Finally, remember that you don’t have to do cardio and strength training at the same time. You have to combine them, but you can do it throughout the day. This is what is called intermittent training and it is a good way to get in shape if you don’t have time or the sheets have stuck to you and it is already too hot to train.
Looking for crisp and creative content? We are Write For Us! Get trending news related business, marketing, technology, sports, and health at your finger tips!